Building Capacity for International University Cooperation and Research Collaboration
Time & Location
About the Event
International Conference and Workshops Organised by the U.S. - Jordanian University Cooperation Network (UCN) Sponsored by the U.S Embassy in Jordan - hosted at the University of Jordan in partnership with North Carolina State University.
Event Exact Location: The University of Jordan, Prince Al Hussein Bin Abdullah II School of International Studies, Ground floor conference room and auditorium.
Day One Topics
* US Universities and the US Research Enterprise ‐ Functional Overview ‐ Government Research vs
* How to identify and communicate with potential US faculty partners.
* Building a Campus Culture for Successful Grant‐writing; Mechanisms for support and
compliance (US and Jordan Climate).
Day Two Topics
* Introduction to Grant‐Writing Climate
* Types/Sources of Grants; Sources and Resources; Checklists and Deadlines
* Working with US Funding Agencies/ Government Sponsors (Priorities and Programs)
* Budgeting & Bookkeeping; Finances and Sub‐Contractors
Day Three Topics
* Technical Aspects in
* Reporting, Forms, Resources.
* Bridges and Partners and Allies; Areas for Collaboration, Mentoring, Proposal Review.
* Strengthening your Proposal.
* Action Plans.
* Summary/Review, Evaluations.
* Concluding Remarks, Recognition, Certificates.